lördag 29 augusti 2015

Building blocks in my portfolio strategy




As I told you in the last post that I have been working on a new strategy, which will be a mix between stocks and index funds. This post will be dedicated to describe the portfolio and the reason why I believe this is the best way to go.

From my experience in Vardia I reliazed the importance of diversification; the portfolio down 25% in one day is pretty bad when believing in value investment and that day got me to re-consider my diversification strategy and in the end my whole portfolio strategy. 
If you don't have a clear strategy for diversification and hiding behind Warren buffets strategy that is that if you know your companies you don't need to have to many in the portfolio (good article why Warren Buffet doesnt diversify here). I truly recommend you to re-consider your exposure to a few assets and think about all factors that could impact returns, everything from fraud to hackers gather all their data (think about Ashley Madison).

The new portfolio strategy will be built like this (percentage);
Stocks: 35%
Swedish index funds: 35%
Global index funds: 15%
U.S. index funds: 15%

This setup will be the building blocks in my portfolio, there will in most cases also be around 5% cash for unexpected opportunities. This 5% cash will be smaller as the portfolio grows and when it gets bigger there will be more monthly purchases. Why did I go for this strategy? Time.. Since I started to work I didn't reliaze how much time I spend on the work and how tired I am when I come home. In other words, I don't really believe I have the time to have 100% stocks in my portfolio, just because there's not enough time to analyse them and find the risks involved with them, therefore the diversification.

At the moment I'm 50% invested, and this will be the case for a while, since I believe we have pretty high valuations on the markets. This will change as soon as the market conditions are better, i got some this week; MasterCard (MA), Starbucks (SBUX) and DNB Global Indeks fund.

Now I'm off to a pool party, take care!

Eighth wonder investing

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar