lördag 4 oktober 2014

Budget

As I said in the last post will this be about my budget. I must say it is harder then I thought to do the budget, especially when I don't really have a clue what I am spending my money on (embarrassed).

Let's start with the confession part,
I went through the last month in my head and the credit card statement and realised that a lot of my money goes to eating out, partying and tobacco.  I could assume I am spending 700 euros on restaurants per month at the moment, insane amounts, then I could see around 250 euros on alcohol on average, 60 euros on snus (swedish tobacco), 100 euros on taxis and then the normal things to the household (rent, food, internet, telephone, insurance). All together adds up to my salary which is net approximately 2400 euros + benefits.. Something has to change and that's soon..

Changing the lifestyle,
First of all I will stop using tobacco, will be really hard but are something that will save me money and give me an healthier lifestyle. 
Next thing will be to change the restaurants visits. I must say that I'm really in need of those, both because of the social part and the time savings from not standing in the kitchen. The goal is to get this number down to around 300 euros, yes, a lot of money, but as I said I'm in highly need of restaurants visits.
Third thing will be the partying, alcohol and the taxi drives that goes hand in hand with this. This part will actually be the most easy one, I'm not addicted to alcohol and not a big fan of partying. I have actually an idea of being 100% sober, but that's a to big commitment to do at the moment, but we'll see in the future.
The last thing to cut costs is to see what I could do with the households expenses like Internet, insurance and telephone. I'm sure I could save some bucks here as well, as said the goal is to put away 1000 euros per month.

A side note, my first real month will be in November 2014. I want to start the 1st of the month so I could be focused and knowing when I entering the second month that it's possible to make a complete month.

How does my budget looks like,

Expenses
Rent               -700
Telephone      -11
Food              -80 
Restaurant     -300  
Clothes          -50
Travel             -100
Pocket cash  -40
Additional      -60

Total exp.:       -1341   
Income
Salary (net)   +2347
Food vouch. +180

Total inc.:        +2527      
Difference:      +1186

With this budget my goal of 1000 euros a month will be achievable and I even have some margin every month which feels nice. We will see in the end of November if I made the first month or not, I am really excited and motivated at the moment!

Next article will probably cover some of the stocks I am planning to buy or already have invested in.

Have a great time!

Regards,

Eighth Wonder Investing   



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar