tisdag 24 februari 2015

Thoughts About Settling Down

Today I asked myself that question, what would I really do with more money or if I were financial independent?. The question is really hard to get and very vague.
The definition I have for more money are financial independence.

Let's start with financial independence, which differs a lot between people. When are you really financial independent? For me personally is that question impossible to answer because it depends on so many factors, as everything else in this world..

Wikipedia is stating that financial independence is a state a human has when he or she has sufficient wealth to live, without having to work actively for basic necessities. Often financial independent peoples assets generate more income then their expenses.
Another definition comes from a survey done 2013 by Capital One 360. The survey states that 44% of U.S adults said financial freedom meant not having any debt, 26% said it meant having enough saved for emergencies and 10% defined it as being able to retiring early.

From my point of view neither Wikipedia nor Capital One 360 has right here, just because of the simple reason that it depends so much external factors that its so hard to answer this question, especially for me at an age of 25.

Let's bring up a scenario.
I guess a lot of people like me wants to live in a nice neighborhood, fancy car and friends with the same mindset around you. In other words this neighborhood will be wealthy and to a certain extent contagious. Why? 
People with high incomes consumes a lot, which enriches corporate to small medium business and those companies will start to demand manpower. These things is pushing salaries north and then the snowball is rolling with the society as a winner and me as financial independent as a loser?

I dont know but its a good thing to think about, should you choose to settle down in a more "expensive" neighborhood or in a cheaper region like Asia for example.
I will definitely put that up on my to-do-list, what is actually financial independence for me.

Besides the philosophical thinking I am working on a general analysis of the fast food industry, which will probably be done and posted in the upcoming weeks.


Best regards,

Eighth Wonder Investing




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar